Sunday, January 18, 2009

Princeton Public Library, January 13th


The biggest crowd yet, perhaps not surprising given that this is my home territory, where I went to high school and college. Lots of familiar faces and family friends, thanks to my mother's indefatigable promotional skills! That's Mr. David Schrayer, front left.

That's me, the tiny speck in the distant far left center.


I read from a chapter in which I described eating a sandwich apparently filled with dirt before exploring the interconnectedness of the afro-Cuban mythology relating to the enormous ceiba trees, and the rare endemic Giant kingbird, a flycatcher that breeds only in them. Then I took questions and read a short and, if I say so myself, hilarious bit about contraband cheese sales beside the central highway.

No comments: